Makhzan-e-Tasaweer is the official image library of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, managed and maintained by the centre (Markaz) itself. This department was established in 1993 by Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih IV (rh).
Makhzan-e-Tasaweer was reinstated in April 2006 by Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih V (aa). The department is currently based in London.
The primary purpose of Makhzan-e-Tasaweer is to collate, archive and preserve photographs related to the Community. This includes photographs of the Promised Messiah (as), the Khulafa, Companions of the Promised Messiah (as), other prominent personalities of historic importance and all events of historic importance. Makhzan-e-Tasaweer works as a pictorial history of the Worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community.
Makhzan-e-Tasaweer invites and encourages members of the Ahmadiyya public to send photographs of historic events and personalities as a contribution to the image library.
Any photographs which may be required to be included in publications (i.e. books, periodicals etc.), calendars and souvenirs by any chapter, auxiliary organisation or other bodies of the Community can be obtained by contacting Makhzan-e-Tasaweer.
Under the blessed instructions and guidance of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih V (aa), a permanent exhibition was initiated at Tahir House (22 Deer Park Road, London), and inaugurated by His Holiness Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad in October 2007. Another permanent exhibition has also been instated at Qadian, India with smaller sized exhibitions in Spain and Norway.
The collection of the photographs preserved by Makhzan-e-Taṣāwīr is available to view on its official website www.makhzan.org which is available in the following languages: English, Urdu, Arabic, French, German and Russian.
- [Photograph of the Promised Messiah (as)] Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani, “Brahin-e-Ahmadiyya Part 5” in Ruhani Khazain: Volume 21, (*****, 2008), 365
- [Photographs and prayer (salat)] Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani, Malfuzat: Volume 3, (London, Islam International Publications Limited, 2018), 32
- [Fiqh of Photography] Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani, Fiqh-ul-Masih, (London, Islam International Publications Limited, 2016), 419 to 426
- [Incidents of bai'at upon seeing the photographs of the Promised Messiah or his Khulafa] Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khutbat-e-Masroor: Volume 9, (Qadian, Fazl-e-Umar Printing Press, 2016), 464 to 471
- [Opponents desecrating the photograph of the Promised Messiah (as)] Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khutbat-e-Masroor: Volume 10, (*****), 663
- [Guidance for Ahmadis about Makhzan-e-Tasaweer exhibitions] Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khutbat-e-Masroor: Volume 13, (*****), 498
- [Introduction to the newly-formed Makhzan-e-Tasaweer] Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad, Khutbat-e-Tahir: Volume 3, (*****, 2005), 176
- [Photographs and Shirk] Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad, Khutbat-e-Tahir: Volume 8, (*****), 367