At the Annual Conference of 1973, Hazrat Mirza Nasir Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih III (rh) presented the details of a grand project before the members, known as Centenary Jubilee Plan.
The main objective for which he established the Centenary Jubilee Fund was: To bring the message of Islam to the ends of the Earth, to establish additional Ahmadiyya mission houses, to publish Islamic literature in 100 languages of the world, to install a modern printing press in Pakistan, to establish a radio station in an African country, and to translate the Holy Quran into six languages.
He requested the members to contribute Rs. 2.5 million towards this project. The pledges, however, received in this respect were four times the requested amount.
To maximize the full effects of this endeavour, he also put forth a spiritual plan before the members. A brief summary of this plan includes:
- (1) A supererogatory fast should be observed every month.
- (2) Two nawafil should be offered daily
- (3) Surah Fatihah should be recited seven times a day with full attention.
- (4) Durood Sharif, Tasbih and Istighfar should be recited 33 times a day.
- (5) The following two prayers should be recited eleven times a day.
- رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا على الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
‘O our Lord, pour forth steadfastness upon us, and make our steps firm, and help us against the disbelieving people.’ [2:252]
- اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا نجعلُكَ في نحورِهِمْ، ونعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شرُورِهمْ
“O Allah! We make You a shield against the enemy and we seek Your protection against their evil designs." [Abu Daud]